Welcome

Can I read over 3,000,000 words in six months (and keep my job and friends)?

Thursday 1 March 2012

An Ending

Book; 10: Crossroads of Twilight

Chapter; 29: Something Flickers

Character Groups;

Somewhere in Tear: Rand, Min, Nynaeve, Lan, Cadsuane, Verin, Alvia, Logain.

Somewhere in Altara: Mat, Thom, Julin, Thera, Noal, Olver, Tuon, Selucia, Egeanin, Setaille, Aludra, 3 Aes Sedai, 3 sul'dam.

So Habor: Perrin, Elyas, Berelain, 'The Prophet', Two Rivers Army.

Malden: Faile, Alliandre, Morgase, Shaido Aiel.

Caemlyn: Elayne, Birgitte, Aviendha.
 
Outside Tar Valon: Egwene, Siuan, Leane, Rebel Aes Sedai, Rebel Aes Sedai Army. 
 
So that’s it folks, it’s March 2012 and as you can see, I am not finished. It turns out that I have gone and got myself a life somewhere in the last four years and six months is no longer long enough.
But fear not! This little skirmish may have been lost but the Last Battle is still to be fought, literally.
You see, when I started this here thingumy back in September, the publication date for book 14, A Memory of Light, which will finally see Rand face off against the Dark One, was March 2012. Around the end of October it was moved to sometime in November, which I might have neglected to mention.
So HA! Instead of being nearly two months behind schedule, I am in fact seven months ahead! However, as much as I love the Wheel of Time I do not plan to spend more than a year on the re-read especially as, with both Christmas and my birthday passing in quick succession, I have a pile of unread books awaiting me.
So here is my plan. I will finish books 10, 11 and 12 ASAP. I will then switch to other literary delights until the weeks before I know I can get a copy of Memory of Light at which point I will read book 13, Towers of Midnight so that I will be well up on current events and not have to rely too much on wikis. Maybe I’ll even keep spouting my ill-formed opinions on non-WoT literature.
Until then.     

No comments:

Post a Comment